makes 6 donuts
My girls of course love the idea of donuts, and thankfully they appreciate and enjoy homemade donuts - with "clean" ingredients.
Using simple ingredients and baked in the oven... here's the recipe.
1 Tbsp milk of choice (dairy or almond milk for example)
1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup pure maple syrup or honey
3 Tbsp beet puree (you can boil, or steam 2 beetroots then puree with a stick blender)
3 1/2 Tbsp oil (choose cold pressed oils as healthier option)
1 cup flour (All-Purpose or Gluten-free)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
Note: choose organic ingredients as much as possible.
1. combine the wet ingredients in a bowl
2. combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl
3. grease a donut silicon mould and preheat the over to 175C
4. add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir well until well combined (don't over mix)
5. fill in the donut mould - this is a very sticky dough so use 2 spoons to scoop and fill the moulds.
6. bake 10-12 minutes.
7. let it sit 5 minutes before you remove the donuts from the mould
You can enjoy it like this or add a glaze from the options below
Chocolate glaze options:
1) dip in melted dark chocolate
2) - mix 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup with
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil and
- scant 3 Tbsp cocoa powder,
gently heat until becomes a thin sauce.
refrigerate to set the glaze and then dip the donuts in them
Cream cheese frosting:
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (vegan or homemade cashew cream cheese)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar or stevia
- up to 2 Tbsp milk of choice as needed for desired thickness.
blend all ingredients
refrigerate to set and then dip the donuts in them